Restaurants | Vegetarian, Italian | Santa Maria Novella Area
What our customers think about us...
Join the conversation:
It is a club of noble gastronomy that has hosted the Florentines who count for almost a century, but also welcomes a demanding foreign clientele who knows the name of "Sabatini" ...
Sabatini approaches the century of life. The restaurant, run by the Sabatini family, opened in 1914 in via Valfonda, near the current station that was built during the beam period. With the inauguration of the new large station, he moved to the current premises of via Panzani, the artery that connects the port of Santa Maria Novella to the Duomo. The radical transformation of the rooms, which are the current ones, dates back to 1955, with the roofing of the back garden and the new staging in classic style, by the architect Stigler, who used the furnishings taken from a church for the occasion. in fact, the 16th century desecrated room inside the room arranged in a workmanlike manner are the Pulpit, all the benches re-adapted as sofas and the supporting columns with the relative beams that constituted the nave of the church, for this reason for years now is the 'only restaurant in Italy bound by fine arts .. So we arrive today, where the legacy of this restaurant establishment in the city was collected by Claudio Schiavi and Carlo Lazzerini, who have maintained the refined and elegant character of international restaurant, awarded numerous gastronomic prizes and, known all over the world, has inspired the opening of other "Sabatini" restaurants, including in Tokyo in Japan. Entering Sabatini is like going through a century of history, where artists, politicians, national and international artists have trod the scenes.